- Largest gold declaration in Guyana’s history- 713,000 ounces
- Small miners accounted for 70% of declaration
- 235 Blocks given out to small miners
- Creation of syndicates
- Mining Regulations Review
- Strategic Plan update
- Environmental Management in mining
- Mines Safety
- Mining School
- Improved Recovery Techniques
- Exploration and Geological activities
- Celebrated 100 years of Bauxite Mining in Guyana.
- Commenced review of the Bauxite Industry
- Bauxite sector review
- Feasibility assessment of Alumina plant
- 601,459 Tonnes
2017 Declaration January to March
- 304,348 Tonnes
- Agreement reached between Bosai Minerals Group and Reunion Manganese for the transfer of four (4) prospecting licenses at Mathews Ridge NWD
- Preparatory works have commenced. Mining expected to begin before 2020.
- Mine has an average life of 20 years and 350,000 tonnes of manganese to be shipped yearly.
- Neighbouring communities will benefit
- Construction and upgrading of roads, wharf and power generation facilities
- Employment for approximately 1,200 persons during the peak of construction and 300 – 400 during normal operations.